Monday, April 14, 2008

Traveling traveling traveling

It seems I've been hit by the travel bug since I've gotten back to Bonn:)) The plane back to Frankfurt 3 weeks ago was surprisingly smooth. But as usual, knowing my travel fate, there was bound for something to happen:) As it was Easter weekend, there were plenty of people traveling on the train. So the train from Frankfurt International Airport to Bonn broke down due to overload, just 1/2 hour before reaching Bonn:)) I'm not complaining, I'm beginning to find these travel incidents amusing. Lol. Did I say I was stuck in the train for 1 1/2 hours. Hahaha. But did get to chat with a German family (in English of course), who just came back from a skiing trip in Switzerland. Sounds like something I should try.

Started taking German lessons for two weeks after I got back. It was pretty intensive. 4.5 hours a day for 8 days, starting from Tuesday, 25/3 till Thursday 3/4. That's excluding exercises which I had to do after coming back from class. After 4-5 days, I was really overdosed with German words. Now I can speak a few smattering bits of German words. Limited to introducing myself, telling where I'm from and what's the time for now. I can count pretty well (expect nothing less from a Chinese:P)

I went to Düsseldorf on my first weekend. It's the state city of North Rhine-Westphalia, the state in which Bonn is in. It's a really modern and chic city. Loads of wealthy people with too much time. It seems they spent their weekends driving their supercars and luxury cars really loud around town. Check out the photos:



Spot the Audi R8? So cool! Saw 2 within 10 minutes. There's a tall phallic structure called the Rhine Tower next to the Rhine river. It offers a fantastic view of the city and its surrounding. Fantastic!

No comments: