Monday, June 26, 2006

Mr Over-committed

In F1, you sometimes hear the commentator mention that a driver over-cooked the corner and crashed out. In football, you always hear of a player over-hitting the ball and rockets it towards the sky. Well, I've just realised on reflection that in terms of relationships (you know what kind), I'm an overcooked f1 driver or an overkicked footballer. Hmmm, that didnt come out right but I think you know what i mean.

I think 1 major contributing factor to why my past two relationships have not worked out fine is because I always have the tendency to go into it with guns' blazing only to end on a whimper. In short, I tend to overcommit in my relationships thus far. I always over-care in the beginning, got myself so stressed out mentally, emotionally and physically that after a certain point, I started to think that maybe such a relationship may not be worth it after all.

I wanna thank the Lord for giving me the wisdom for finally figuring this out. (after 2 relationships in 8 years, guess I'm not as fast as a learner as I thought:)). It's my prayer that by God's grace, when I finally meet a person whom I love, I will be in it for the long haul. Not that I'll be lukewarm but more so of applying wisdom in all that I do, so that my relationship with her will be balanced, healthy and forever growing. Lord, help me! Amen!

No comments: